[mythtv-users] Time Warner: MythTV channel scan differs from Silicon Dust listings

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 18:25:00 UTC 2010

I'm setting up a house-wide MythTV system for my parents. I've got the
backend set up and built, it's QAM tuner is connected to the cable
line and I've run a channel scan but the freqid's found don't
completely correspond to the listings shown on the silicon dust site,

is this more likely due to silicon dusts listing being out of date or
a channel scan issue within Myth?
sadly, their cable company doesn't seem to pass any channel info like
Comcast where I live does (made it easy to match channels when I scan)
so figuring out what channel is a pain.

Before you ask, read the FAQ!
then search the Wiki, and this list,
Mailinglist etiquette -