[mythtv-users] ANNOUNCEMENT: MythTV is moving to Github

Mark Goldberg marklgoldberg at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 13:03:14 UTC 2010

On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 Chris Petersen wrote:
> Around 18:00-20:00 UTC on Thursday December 2, the MythTV code repository
> will officially be moving to Github.
>
> You can find the code repository here:
>
>  https://github.com/MythTV/
>
> We have already moved the code, so feel free to clone yourselves a copy from
> github, but it will be slightly out of sync with the svn repository until
> tomorrow.
>
> We will continue to use trac for tracking bugs, so please do not use the
> github issue tracker.
>
> More information will be posted at mythtv.org tomorrow.

For us somewhat challenged folks that occasionally build Myth ourselves,
please update the Wiki with simple instructions. I think the following are
what is needed, please correct me if necessary:

To get 0.24-fixes into a directory called mythtv:
git clone git://github.com/MythTV/mythtv.git mythtv
cd mythtv
git checkout fixes/0.24

To update (while in the mythtv directory):
git pull

To see what branch you are at:
git branch

To see the change log: