[mythtv-users] HDHomeRun PRIME

Jerry Rubinow jerrymr at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 17:07:54 UTC 2010

On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 11:48 AM, Ozzy Lash <ozzy.lash at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 12:29 AM, Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:
> > On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 11:56 PM, Robert McNamara
>
> > See:
> >
> > http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/How_to_use_a_Motorola_DVR/Configuration
> >
> > This should allow some people to figure out how much they would likely
> > be able to record without actually purchasing anything.  Of course,
> > even if a channel is marked as clear now, that's no guarantee that it
> > will be clear at any point in the future.
> >
> > I have plenty of channels with RC == 0 which I still can't get working
> > over firewire.
>
> I thought it was the CCI that indicated "Copy Freely, Copy Once, ...".

The RC flag (redistribution control), when set, tells the cable box it's
only allowed to output content to protected outputs (i.e. HDMI, firewire) in
encrypted form, and to unprotected outputs in degraded form.

The CCI info tells the receiving device how it should treat the data stream.
 Whether it should allow copies of the stream to be made, once or more, etc.

See here for more info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copy_Control_Information
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broadcast_Flag#The_FCC_Broadcast_flag_ruling

-Jerry