[mythtv-users] problems tuning SBS and GO in Melbourne

Craig Sanders cas at taz.net.au
Wed Dec 1 03:41:03 UTC 2010

On Wed, Dec 01, 2010 at 12:32:13PM +1000, Anthony Giggins wrote:
> Your probably best to go back to a db backup from before you rescanned
> and compare the dtv_multiplex & channel tables with what is in your
> current dtv_multiplex & channel tables

yep, did something like that. see <20101130224729.GC10049 at taz.net.au> in
this list (reply to a thread about a similar-sounding problem).

seems that scanning channels somehow screwed up some of the details in
the dtv_multplex table (including deleting some records) and set the
wrong mplexid for a few channels in the channel table. 

I ended up making manual changes using the mysql CLI to a few records
in the channel and dtv_multiplex tables, based on differences i found
between new data and my mysql backups (i backup all my mysql databases
nightly, using a combination of dumping to text files and rdiff-backup
for revision history).

can now watch and record the SBS and NINE channels with no problem.  All
other channels were fine and still work...so, problem solved (or, at
least, damage fixed...no idea if it will happen again next time i scan


craig sanders <cas at taz.net.au>

More information about the mythtv-users mailing list