[mythtv-users] mythfrontend: disabling screensaver & dpms while watching a show

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Tue Aug 31 22:38:18 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-09-01 at 00:10 +0200, Andreas Witte wrote:
> Hello All,

Hi,

> When i watch a show, dpms and (in my case) xcreensaver isnt disabled
> anymore.

I find that when I first start watching a recording, xscreensaver will
kick on after my "idle time" (60 secs.  it's on a plasma screen) and
then I can hit any key on the remote (i.e. 'i') and the screensaver will
turn off again and will remain off until I pause myth playback and then
resume it, after which, 60 seconds later, the screen saver kicks on
until I hit another key again (typically 'i') until another pause or
another show is started.

So that is, I get one "idle" cycle of xscreensaver after either starting
a recording playback or pausing and resuming during playback, but only
one single idle cycle.

b.