[mythtv-users] Anyone out there got 0.23 working on OpenSUSE 11.3?

Gordon McCrae gordon.mccrae at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 31 20:41:13 UTC 2010

  On 28/08/10 15:09, Rob Verduijn wrote:
> This openbuildservice repo contains the perl-xmltv package
>
> http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/devel:/languages:/perl
>
> Cheers
> Rob
>
> 2010/8/28 Gordon McCrae<gordon.mccrae at googlemail.com>:

OK, that got me further, but when running tv_grab_uk_rt it complains
about not finding the Perl SLURP modules, installed these from YAST myself.

I can then do the configure, and everything seems OK until it tries to
do a normal run, when it starts complaining about the timezone; this is
seemingly a known problem and the suggestion (or at least one of them)
is to comment out the call for TZ checking, this stop the error, but it
still falls over later.

At this point I think I'll leave 11.3 for now as I can only assume it
needs some more time to mature.

The 11.2 build seems fine, and considering the current server is
OpenSUSE 11.0 with MythTV 0.21, a jump to 11.2 with 0.23 is a fair leap
anyway!

Thanks for all the pointers, I do find it odd that the default Packman
repository location is the "wrong" one, but heh it works!

Cheers
Gordon