[mythtv-users] Cablevision requiring STB for all TVs in my area soon

Fred ffluvssg1 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 14:39:27 UTC 2010

Brian, I found your previous inquiry during my search this morning.  :-)  I
found posts on other groups from last year when Cablevision was seeking a
waiver from the FCC in order to encrypt all channels on their feed. Some
people mentioned at the time that the firewire port on the HD STB was still
unencrypted, or something to that effect. I am wondering if anyone on the
list has more technical details than what Cablevision is providing, since
their solution is to just add a box to every TV. I don't necessarily care
about all the channels, but I want to know what I will have left without a
box.