[mythtv-users] MythTV on Mac with apple remote

Dan Wilga mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu
Mon Aug 30 14:27:20 UTC 2010

On 8/28/10 10:58 PM, Atlanta Geek wrote:
> I'm using Mac Mini as a front end however the play/select button on
> the apple remote does not translate into a select in the global menu.
> Does anyone have a suggestion?

To echo what others have said, for me "it just works". The Mac OS X
builds of MFE include both verisons of the code: LIRC and Apple Remote.

The two remotes are independent, and either can be used on the same FE.
When I'm at home, I have MFE listen on a network connection to the
receiver that's hooked up to my server. It reads an RF remote, and
requires a ~/.lircrc file.

When I'm away from home, I use the Apple Remote. It just works, and
doesn't need a .lircrc. All you have to do is make sure your remote is
properly "paired" to your Mac. If Frontrow works, MFE should work.