[mythtv-users] WAY OT: Storage designs

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Mon Aug 30 07:22:52 UTC 2010

Greg Oliver wrote:

>There's also no reason I could not run them both simultaneously and
>use NFS where appropriate and iSCSI where appropriate to the same tree
>I suppose.

If you mean what I think you mean then - no you can't. iSCSI is a
block protocol and you can't mount it more than once at a time unless
you use a clustered filesystem - if you try then you'll get instant
corruption.

You can use NFS and iSCSI alongside each other for *different*
filesystems on different devices, but for the same filesystem.

Apart from the one thing I rather suspect you don't want to do -
mount the block device with iSCSI and then share the filesystem out
with NFS (from the machine doing the iSCSI mount)

--
Simon Hobson