[mythtv-users] Foxtel/PayTV in Australia

Glen Hawksworth glenhawk at optusnet.com.au
Mon Aug 30 05:30:53 UTC 2010

I am mildly interested in getting a payTV subscription simply to have a
play with it in MythTV.
I am fairly confident that I could achieve the analogue video capture,
IR Blaster method but I have been reading about people having some
success with DVB-C and DVB-S capture cards (and Common Interface Cards).
I have also read that as long as you have a valid subscription it is not
illegal in Aust to use a DVB-C/S card to receive your payTV directly
into MythTV (note the intentional use of a double negative).

First of all, if this topic is taboo in this list please let me know.

If not, have any of you had success with with DVB-C/S cards?

Cheers,
Glen