[mythtv-users] Salvaging myth database after crash (latin1?)

Dale Pontius DEPontius at edgehp.net
Sun Aug 29 19:02:03 UTC 2010

On 08/29/10 11:32, Nick Morrott wrote:
> On 29 August 2010 14:05, Dale Pontius <DEPontius at edgehp.net> wrote:
>
>> Things are mostly working.  I can't connect yet from a remote client,
>> but it's been so long since I set this up that I've forgotten the steps.
>>  I guess it's time to RTFM.  I did check, and have mysql listening on a
>> network socket instead of loopback, and the local client is able to
>> connect "the same old way", no reconfiguration.
>
> Reading the section entitled "Modifying access to the MySQL database
> for multiple systems" on
> http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-6.html should help with this.

Thanks for the pointer.  I knew I had done *something*, and I thought
there was something beyond merely changing the socket from loopback to
the regular IP.  I'd started searching for it, but hadn't gotten to it,
yet.  (I was in the HowTo TOC, and ironically Chapter 6 was at the top,
but I wasn't headed there to look, and last thing I checked was in the
troubleshooting section.)

Thanks,
Dale