[mythtv-users] DTS Passthrough choppy/laggy with trunk

Mitch Capper mitch.capper at gmail.com
Sun Aug 29 17:20:10 UTC 2010

Also to provide some additional details after reading all of the old DTS
threads.
*) if Stereo mode is enabled instead of 5.1 (as spdif can't pass standard
surround I believe)  audio works giving stereo sound but no DTS is passed
through (even though its checked)
*) If DTS is unchecked but Dolby Digital is left checked (some suggested
this would convert between the two) I just get getBufferedOnSoundcard()
called with pcm_handle == NULL in the log and no audio, Dolby Digital
encoded items however do play fine (and receiver shows it as receiving DD
signal)

I tried various debug modes but don't see anything that would seem to hint
towards why there is a stutter.

~Mitch