[mythtv-users] Anyone out there got 0.23 working on OpenSUSE 11.3?

Gordon McCrae gordon.mccrae at googlemail.com
Sat Aug 28 08:55:34 UTC 2010

  On 28/08/10 08:48, Rob Verduijn wrote:
> and here's the 11.3 page
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/OpenSuSE_11.3  (doh......big surprise on
> the last character)
>
> Cheers
> Rob Verduijn
>
> 2010/8/27 Gordon McCrae<gordon.mccrae at googlemail.com>:
>>   I've been working on upgrading my MythTV infrastructure to 0.23 on the
>> latest openSUSE 11.3 build.
>>
>> I can get MythTV itself working fine from YAST, but can't get the xmltv
>> grabbers installed, they're not packaged for 11.3/
>>
>> Similarly, if I drop back to openSUSE 11.2, I can get xmltv grabbers
>> installed fine with a 1-Click-Install, but can't get the 0.23 stuff to
>> install; the 1-Click-Install fails, and YAST doesn't show 0.23 as being
>> available, only 0.21 and 0.22!
>>
>> Has anyone out there worked around this, or indeed did anyone else do
>> exactly this without problem which might indicate I'm missing something
>> obvious.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Gordon

Yep, MythTV itself is installed and working fine, it's the XMLTV
component that I can't get.

The page in question calls for you to run "zypper install -l perl-xmltv
xmltv xmltv-grabbers" which fails, because these packages aren't
available for 11.3.

And for 11.2 0.23 won't install (doesn't show up in YAST, and the
1-Click-Install doesn't work).

Cheers
Gordon