[mythtv-users] MythTV keeps wanting to record the same episode

Ozzy Lash ozzy.lash at gmail.com
Sat Aug 28 03:55:15 UTC 2010

On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 10:38 PM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:

> Because the first three episodes were deleted with, "Delete and allow to
> re-record."  Or the first three episodes were auto-expired (from some
> recording group other than the Deleted recording group) instead of deleted
> (or deleted to the Deleted recording group).
>
> Mike

Mike,

I'm trying to parse that last sentence, and if I understand correctly,
are you saying that anything that gets auto-expired from any group
other than the Deleted recording group (even, say, the Default group)
it will get re-recorded, even if it was watched?  I thought it used to
be that if you watched something (or marked it as watched) and it
auto-expired it would not record again.

This may explain some recordings that I am seeing get recorded again,
even though I know I have watched it before.  I was thinking it was
because it was now available in HD, and I had recorded it in SD before
or something like that.  I notice it a lot on Mythbusters and Man v
Food, and a few other shows, but others seem to work the way I
expected.

Bill