[mythtv-users] Recovering from a nasty crash

Russell Gower russell at thegowers.me.uk
Fri Aug 27 07:25:14 UTC 2010

> If anyone else has been in this situation and has any advice, I'd
> appreciate hearing it.

I've been in a similar situation, it wasn't a Myth system rather my main file server, This is what I would do to start with.

Since I presume you have plenty of spare space on that 1TB drive I would create two partitions both slightly larger than the number of blocks required for the 160G and 200g drives (if your not confutable calculating the number of blocks required I would go with 170G and 210G) Then one at a time using the channel you suspect is ok, do a block level copy from the partition on each of the old disks to the partition on the new one using dd, then once both have been copied you should be able to rebuild the LVM and mount the filesystem.

If you would like more specific advice please free to contact me off list and i'll try and work out the exact commands you need to type.

Regards
  Russell