[mythtv-users] Blu-ray playback in XBMC (Lifehacker)

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 19:16:42 UTC 2010

On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 12:14 PM, Matt Emmott <memmott at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 12:57 PM, Robert McNamara <
> robert.mcnamara at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Yes, all of the above (with the exception of HDMV menus, which will
>> probably be .25) will be in .24 (coming Novemberish to a distro near you ;)
>>  ).
>>
>> Robert

> This is areally nice feature, it will make DVD info downloading much easier
> if they're all in one central location.
>
> If all my DVD rips are housed in my storage group, then that means that
> Myth could advertise them in uPNP, and I could attach my XBMC / Xbox 360 /
> whatever to that mount, correct?

uPnP still does a local directory scan, though there is a pending patch to
make it use the video metadata which should drastically improve the
experience-- if that goes in, and if it supports streaming the content when
it is non-local, then yeah, it should work great.  I am unsure what the
timeline on it being looked at is, though.

Robert