[mythtv-users] MythWeb and FlowPlayer

Justin Johnson justin.johnson3 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 18:33:43 UTC 2010

On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 5:19 AM, Dave Pearson <lists at the-pearsons.co.uk> wrote:

> On 26/08/10 07:01, Glen Hawksworth wrote:
>
> I have just discovered the FlowPlayer plugin in MythWeb... it works great!
> I can't believe I can watch my TV shows at work
> Is there any work being done to achieve this sort of functionality on smart-phones?
> I imagine the major hurdle is the lack of compatible flash players on most phones.
> Keep up the good work mythWeb guys!
> Glen
>

> If you have an iPhone you could try looking at AirVideo - there is an iPhone app and a Server component. If you want to run the Server part on your mythtv server, you need to use the alpha version - details can be found here:
>
> http://wiki.birth-online.de/know-how/hardware/apple-iphone/airvideo-server-linux
>
> On the mythtv server you can use mythrename.pl to create symlinked folders of Recordings "By Date", "By Program" etc.
>
> I use it on my iPhone a lot and it works a treat.
>
> Regards,
> Dave.

If you have android, there exists Mythdroid
http://code.google.com/p/mythdroid. The version that you can get from
the project page will allow some limited streaming capability, again
you need to run a server-side app as well. Unfortunately there's not a
nice package for that version, you'll need to get the android sdk and
build it yourself.

I've attempted to use it a couple times and haven't been impressed
(missing audio, missing video, just plain not working), though I'm
planning to look into it more deeply and try to improve the streaming
functionality.
--Justin Johnson