[mythtv-users] Mythtv and Ubuntu, where to find latest version?

Thomas Mashos tgm4883 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 18:21:19 UTC 2010

On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 11:13 AM, Mark Boyum <mark at boyum.us> wrote:

> >> I have. When reconfiguring the package, select PPA. Then do an "apt-get
> >> update && apt-get upgrade". That should download the update for you.
> >
> > one should probably note that this will upgrade *every* upgradable
> > package which may or may not be what you want.
> >

> I've activivated the 0.23.1 PPA in MCC and did a sudo apt-get update.
> The following lines make me think something amiss.
>
> Hit http://us.archive.ubuntu.com lucid-updates/multiverse Packages
> Ign http://us.autobuilds.mythbuntu.org lucid/main Sources
> Hit http://us.archive.ubuntu.com lucid-updates/multiverse Sources
> Ign http://us.autobuilds.mythbuntu.org lucid/main Packages
> Ign http://us.autobuilds.mythbuntu.org lucid/main Sources
> Err http://us.autobuilds.mythbuntu.org lucid/main Packages
>  404  Not Found
> Err http://us.autobuilds.mythbuntu.org lucid/main Sources
>  404  Not Found
> W: Failed to fetch
>
> http://us.autobuilds.mythbuntu.org/mythbuntu/0.23.1/ubuntu/dists/lucid/main/binary-i386/Packages.gz
>  404  Not Found
>
> W: Failed to fetch
>
> http://us.autobuilds.mythbuntu.org/mythbuntu/0.23.1/ubuntu/dists/lucid/main/source/Sources.gz
>  404  Not Found
>
> Are the URLs correct for my autobuilds?
> -Mark

let me restate the instructions.

When reconfigureing the package (eg. dpkg-reconfigure mythbuntu-repos)
After you select 0.23.1, select PPA (not US, UK, or FR)
Once you exit the reconfiguration, run "apt-get update"
Once the package list gets updated, either upgrade the entire system
(apt-get upgrade), or upgrade just the packages you want (eg. apt-get
install mythtv-frontend)