[mythtv-users] HVR4000 woes

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Thu Aug 26 11:38:54 UTC 2010

Liam Friel wrote:
> Hmm. Thanks for the hint.
>
> I was considering fetching the 0.23 source and building it for debug at the
> weekend.
>
> What I might try first is changing the backend tuner priorities so that it
> will pick the HVR 4000 DVB-S tuner in preference to the TT-3200 one ... to
> see if this makes zapping stable in the case where there is no active DVB-S
> recording ...

I can't remember: have you tried building with each tuner type separately and
ensuring that the system worked with just one or other driver?

That would help prove that it's an interaction thing.

Another possibility would be to try and get the drivers to load in a different
order, in case it's a memory corruption thing. You could end up tramping on some
other part of the OS, maybe, but it might isolate which one is to blame.

--

Mike Perkins