[mythtv-users] initial delay and need to select a recorded program twice

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Wed Aug 25 22:29:17 UTC 2010

On Wednesday, August 25, 2010 04:22:49 pm Kevin Robbins wrote:
> Nope all wired, nothing has been changed.
>
> On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 6:14 PM, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:
> > On Wednesday, August 25, 2010 04:09:05 pm Kevin Robbins wrote:
> > > Hey all - I have a strange problem that I cant seem to get any insight
> > > on... I'm running a Myth BE and 4 FE system using .21. I put it
> > > together roughly a year ago.
> > >
> > > Recently for no apparent reason all FE units have this really long
> > > delay when I select PLAY on a recorded item or select LIVE TV.
> > > About 80% of the time after roughly 10 seconds of black screen it goes
> >
> > back
> >
> > > to the recorded program list where if I select play again its instant
> > > and works perfect as usual. The other 20% of the time it manages to
> > > play the program after an excessively (10 seconds) long black screen
> > > delay.
> > >
> > > Logs seem to show nothing...Anyone ever seen this or have some hints?
> >
> > Are you using any wireless connections? Could something have happened,
> > like your neighbor setting up a router that
> > interferes with you?
> >
> > Just a thought.
> >

> Nope all wired, nothing has been changed.

If all the FEs exhibit this behavior, it would seem the problem is with the BE, or just possibly the connection(s) between
them.

I'd start with some basic non-Myth operations on the BE machine, and see if you see anything abnormal. Check your HDD
status with S.M.A.R.T., check filesystem performance with Bonnie, try some basic MySQL operations and other such tests.