[mythtv-users] Corrupted bottom line of pixels

Scott Steffens ss at contactsheet.org
Mon Aug 23 23:58:14 UTC 2010

FWIW, this is not an nVidia-only issue... I'm late to this thread but am experiencing this issue, too.

At first my problem was more extreme -- the green stripe at the bottom of the image, usually flashing and distorted -- but it would also split my video in two identical images and put one on top of the other (stretched). This was with a brand new AMD 635, with an ATI onboard graphics card hooked to a monitor through a DVI interface, running a fully updated MythBuntu, using an HD-PVR. And this was using the "CPU+" or "CPU++" profile. When I changed the profile to "High Quality" the split screen problem went away but the green band continues. I don't know if the two problems are related.

Other notes:
I only get the problem with 1080 recordings -- no problem with 720.
I only experience the problem when viewing with MythTV -- the same video plays perfectly if I play it in VLC or mplayer.
I have the same green band problem when viewing these recordings on my Mac mythfrontend, but not the split-screen problem.

PS, this is the thread I'm replying to -- I just subscribed to the list, but I found the discussion in the archives while troubleshooting.
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/442413?search_string=static%20line%20bottom;#442413