[mythtv-users] do we need a vido configuration tester

Dan Wilga mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu
Mon Aug 23 20:58:05 UTC 2010

On 8/23/10 3:47 PM, Andrew Barbaccia wrote:
> Drop down to select video renderer (i.e. VDPAU)
> Text box to specify options (i.e. vdpaubuffersize=32)
> Number of CPUs to use
> Directory of video clips you want to test
> Number of seconds / test
>
> Then a big button that says "Go".
>
> The system would then run through all the deinterlacers for each of
> the clips specified for the duration stated above. Detailed log files
> would be dumped to the log directory already provided within setup.
> Lots of information could be reported like list of errors, average CPU
> load, total dropped frames, audio buffer under run, was the test
> successful, etc.
>
> Anyone else have some thoughts on this?

I think I'd want to be able to specify things like time stretch (or have
it obey the same playback group rules MFE does.) One of the things I've
noticed is that both audio and video often have problems when sped up,
depending on the settings. I'd also want the seek/jump features to
work--even if only via keyboard--since this is often a determining
factor in a setting's acceptability.