[mythtv-users] Do we need a de-interlacer configuration tester

Andrew Barbaccia andrew.barbaccia at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 17:32:19 UTC 2010

I think it would be useful to have a utility that helps determine the
performance of de-interlacers on your hardware. I would imagine something
built into the frontend that would test playback at a few different
resolutions with various de-interlacers and spit out a log of the results.
This would help quickly determine which is the best de-interlacer to use for
your setup, and where to make the cutoffs.

I'm just speculating here, but I find myself going between LiveTV and the TV
Playback setup very frequently attempting to tweak my settings. I could also
see these logs being used to create a hardware performance database.

Just my 2 cents - looking for feedback (especially from devs).

-Andrew