[mythtv-users] Fuppes, PS3MediaServer and NUV files

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 14:14:34 UTC 2010

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 9:06 AM, Phill Edwards <philledwards at gmail.com> wrote:
>> The 360 can certainly play at least some MPEG2 files, it wouldn't be able to handle DVDs if it couldn't. The problem is
>> "MPEG2" is not so much a "standard" as it is a blueprint for confusion, given the high number of variables the "standard"
>> includes.
>>
>> It should be able to play any DVD-compliant MPEG2 files, no matter how they get to it.
>
> I see. So if I don't transcode my DVB-T recordings I may be able to
> watch them on my XBox360 by having PS3MediaServer serve them up to it.
>
> Trouble is, I am transcoding my DVB-T recordings to NUV format (which
> I understand is some sort of MPEG-4), so do you think there's no way
> that's going to work? Has anyone got this working?

First off - you should burn your 360 and replace it with a myth frontend :)

j/k - I do not play games (well, Tiger Woods golf excluded), but I am
no 360 expert, but I know it can play 264/avi files - just not sure
exactly what options need to be used in the transcoding..  And of
course since it is windows, It will handle all of the _wmv_
containers....

-Greg