[mythtv-users] Fuppes, PS3MediaServer and NUV files

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Aug 23 12:42:35 UTC 2010

On Monday, August 23, 2010 06:36:00 am Phill Edwards wrote:
> I've been looking into installing either Fuppes or PS3MediaServer on
> my CentOS combined backend/frontend. I transcode all my recordings to
> NUV - can either Fuppes or PS3MediaServer play this format or would I
> be wasting my time installing them?

I don't think the question is whether a UPnP server can "play" a file, no such server plays anything, it just serves them
up to a connected UPnP control point/renderer.

Some will transcode on the fly to something your player can deal with, but the ultimate question is the capability of
whatever you are trying to use to watch the files. If the player can play the file, then it should work with just about any
server.