[mythtv-users] Is shutdown action of standalone frontend controllable?

Jason Chambers lists at purplish-monkey.com
Mon Aug 23 10:38:38 UTC 2010

On 23/08/2010 04:15, Craig Huff wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 1:54 PM, Jason Chambers wrote:
>> There is a settings page (General->Program Exit) to specify what
>> command gets run for shutdown&  reboot options as well a choice of
>> which options are include in the dialog when the user tries to
>> exit.
>
> If you mean a screen in mythtv-setup, the closest one I found was the
> General ->  Shutdown/Wakeup screen

No those settings are for controlling the backends.

The settings I was referring to are in mythfrontend.  They are specific
to each machine so if you have several frontends and they needed to do
slightly different things you could configure it so.

The exact path is "Utilities/Setup" -> "Setup" -> "General", and then
its on the "Program Exit" page which is one of the last pages shown.

On this page you could substitute the shutdown command so it runs the
same command mythwelcome uses to hibernate. (Sorry, but I don't use
mythwelcome so I've no idea exactly what checks/commands it runs)

However if mythwelcome does lots of other useful things that you cannot
replicate easily in a single command, you could just change the
"Customise exit menu options" to "Show quit" so that the shutdown &
reboot options are never shown in mythfrontend.  Then the user is forced
to go back to mythwelcome giving you one consistent route to shutdown
the machine.

Regards,
Jason