[mythtv-users] Is shutdown action of standalone frontend controllable?

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 03:15:50 UTC 2010

On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 1:54 PM, Jason Chambers
<lists at purplish-monkey.com> wrote:

> There is a settings page (General->Program Exit) to specify what command
> gets run for shutdown & reboot options as well a choice of which options are
> include in the dialog when the user tries to exit.
>
> Regards,
> Jason

If you mean a screen in mythtv-setup, the closest one I found was the
General -> Shutdown/Wakeup screen, where the shutdown command is to
call mythshutdown.  IIRC, mythshutdown references the settings
controlled in MythWelcome's F11 screen for the actual command string
to use to shut down the system.  I have already set that to use
hibernate and MythWelcome uses it quite nicely.

If, OTOH, you mean somewhere else, I think I need more directions.

I think this is one of those cases that is counter-intuitive where
Frontend configuration is defined in mythtv-setup which tends to be
all-about-the-backend.  (Or it depends on the theme designer, which,
by the way, I'm using Terra ATM.  I can't make heads or tails of theme
design anymore, so I can't figure out how to tell what the theme does
when the frontend shutdown option is selected.)

In any case, thank you for the suggestions.

Craig.