[mythtv-users] Slave back end setup commercial flagging

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sun Aug 22 12:30:36 UTC 2010

* On Sun Aug 22, 2010 at 02:19:57AM -0500, Brent Bolin wrote:
> If I had another box that I wanted to setup as a slave back end.  How
> would I go about doing that?  And setting up the slave to do all the
> commercial flagging?

Jim is saying that you don't need to run a 'slave backend' (ie, mythbackend),
you can just run the JobQueue portion of the backend by runing 'mythjobqueue'.
Follow the instructions in his email for setting up the JobQueue on the new
server and then just start up mythjobqueue and it will start processing jobs.
If you do not want to run flagging jobs on the master anymore, then you can
run mythtv-setup on the master and disable the types of jobs you want to allow
to run there.

--
Chris