[mythtv-users] MyMote Issue

Nathan mythtv-users at lanchbury.id.au
Sun Aug 22 10:20:41 UTC 2010

On Tuesday, 17 August 2010 8:24 AM, James Oltman <cnlibmyth at gmail.com<mailto:cnlibmyth at gmail.com>> wrote:
> I clicked on the "hometheater" and there's an option to override the address.  So I typed
> in the static IP and MyMote is working again.  I don't understand what has changed in
> the setup.  No IPs have changed.

I have to agree, my wife's iPhone 3GS now upgraded to OS4 is random too.  Once the upgrade was complete MyMote needed uninstalling and reinstalling like yourself.  It reconnects to the frontends faster now, but sometimes is fails altogether, then you need to force quit the app and reopen it again (funny how a new feature suddenly needs to be used when a fault never used to happen before).  Some times the button gets stuck down and the same needs to be done again.  The only thing that changed was the iPhone, my android phone works fine, the rest of my network is unchanged and working fine.  I wonder if OS4 is really what it's cracked up to be.

Nathan