[mythtv-users] lirc confusion

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Sat Aug 21 16:03:52 UTC 2010

On 21/08/2010 15:57, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 21, 2010 at 9:08 AM, Paul Gardiner<lists at glidos.net>  wrote:
>> On 21/08/2010 13:56, Mike Bennett wrote:
>>>
>>> Did you put your remote lircd.conf in the /etc folder?
>>
>> Yes. I have to admit, I don't know if it's the correct conf
>> file for my remote, but I thought it must be because irw
>> display the correct button names as I press them (well
>> a couple of unimportant buttons do nothing, but almost all
>> work).
>>

>> I thought irw working and ircat not must mean something wrong
>> with .lircrc, but now I've cut it down to just these lines:
>>
>> begin
>>   prog = mythtv
>>   button = ONE
>>   config = 1
>> end
>>

>> Pressing the 1 button makes irw produce:
>>   000000037ff07bfe 00 'ONE' mceusb
>
> Button is named "ONE" there. The lircrc on the page referenced has
> "One". They don't match. Button names in lircd.conf and lircrc have to
> match.

Thanks, but there seems to be another problem also.

I hoped it was case sensitive and edited some of the defs to all caps.
Also I cut the whole thing down to just the snipped above (which has
"ONE"). I'm stumped... unless every button has to be mentioned at least
once in lircrc, but surely that cant be right.

Cheers,
	Paul.