[mythtv-users] lirc confusion

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Sat Aug 21 13:08:11 UTC 2010

On 21/08/2010 13:56, Mike Bennett wrote:
> Did you put your remote lircd.conf in the /etc folder?

Yes. I have to admit, I don't know if it's the correct conf
file for my remote, but I thought it must be because irw
display the correct button names as I press them (well
a couple of unimportant buttons do nothing, but almost all
work).

I thought irw working and ircat not must mean something wrong
with .lircrc, but now I've cut it down to just these lines:

begin
  prog = mythtv
  button = ONE
  config = 1
end

Pressing the 1 button makes irw produce:
   000000037ff07bfe 00 'ONE' mceusb

but "ircat mythtv" produces nothing.

Cheers,
	Paul.