[mythtv-users] HD Homerun Prime with MythTV

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Fri Aug 20 19:04:04 UTC 2010

On 8/20/2010 1:56 PM, Eric Sharkey wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 2:01 PM, Greg<greg12866 at nycap.rr.com>  wrote:
>>   The big problem is most people could care less,and there isn't enough home
>> brew guys like us to hurt their bottom line...
>
> This is what bugs me most about the anti-circumvention legislation.  I
> wish it worked like burglars' tools laws, where using such tools to
> commit a crime increases the penalty for the crime, but using the
> tools for something which isn't illegal (e.g. picking the lock when
> you've locked your keys in your own car) isn't illegal.
>
> The tools exist.  People who want to use them to do illegal things are
> going to get them, laws or not.  The only people hurt by the
> anti-circumvention laws are people who want to be legit.

Maybe, maybe not.

Check out these links.. ESPECIALLY the 2nd link that specifically mentions DVD's for fair use.

If this isn't right now, there may be light at the end of the tunnel on this train of madness.

http://cyberlaw.stanford.edu/node/6513

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2010/07/apple-loses-big-in-drm-ruling-jailbreaks-are-fair-use.ars

--
Ben Kamen - O.D.T., S.P.