[mythtv-users] Streaming recordings

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Fri Aug 20 16:55:32 UTC 2010

On Friday, August 20, 2010 10:50:40 am Raymond Wagner wrote:
>   On 8/20/2010 12:48, mike at grounded.net wrote:
> > I can't seem to find the mythtv box as a UPnP server on the lan.
> > Does it need to be activated or is it by default?
>
> You must have specified a routeable network address to listen on, rather
> than 127.0.0.1, and you must have not run mythbackend with the --noupnp
> flag.

Plus, UPnP "discovery" can be something of a black art. Some routers have a
"UPnP' function - in some cases this must be on to have things work, but in
others it must be off, depends on the router and the firmware in it.

You also have to make sure that firewalls are not interfering with things.

Of course everything must be on the same subnet, not generally a problem with
most home setups.