[mythtv-users] Streaming recordings

mike at grounded.net mike at grounded.net
Fri Aug 20 15:49:43 UTC 2010

> There are TONS of "Media Players" out there right now, many of
> them well under $100. Many are "Networked Media Tanks", such as
> the Popcorn Hour and the Myka.

I happen to have an NMT 110 I believe it is. I searched to see how it can be used as a UPnP client but haven't found much on that.
I'd love to use that sort of client for all MythTV functions if that were possible, such as live tv viewing, channel changing, watching recorded shows and other network stored media.

> They pretty much all use hardware decoding (Sigma Designs or
> similar), and are thus low power consumption units, but of course
> they come nowhere near what a real Myth frontend can do.

I've not been using that device regularly but I haven't come across to many files the NMT wasn't able to use.