[mythtv-users] Streaming recordings

Dan Rose dan at linuxtrader.com
Fri Aug 20 14:37:56 UTC 2010

Patriot Media Player:

I have one of these as a poor-man's mythtv frontend and I am truly
impressed.   They are on-sale new for $55 after rebate, as discussed on
Dealnews and points to newegg.com.    ( I paid $65 for mine)

I run my Patriot wireless with an 802.11/n usb adapter ($8 that I also
picked up from dealnews), but required the right router settings.  I also
move my patriot occasionally, and ethernet always works with no special
setup.

My myth backend is ATSC over-the-air only,  but the patriot player has
capabilities well beyond that.

More...

UPNP streams to Patriot Box Office HD Media Player, better and cheaper than
PS3

http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1136/1/

--
Dan Rose