[mythtv-users] Combined Atom FE/BE /w GT220 ?

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Thu Aug 19 14:39:30 UTC 2010

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 10:08:11PM -0700, Gabe Rubin wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 9:55 PM, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 12:03 PM, Gabe Rubin <gaberubin at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 8:08 PM, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> How do these chips work for doing commflagging?
> >
> > Don't know exactly. My backend box is a core 2 quad, and I have all
> > commflagging done there.
> >

> I meant to also ask about Flash playback in case I ever want to use
> hulu or flash with mythnetvision.  Do you have a basis to compare
> there?

    Flash? Flash for stuff like Hulu is unusable on an ION box.

    On Linux, all Flash decoding is done in software including things that
could have been partially done in hardware on older hardware. For Hulu, you
need to get something more along the lines of a Mac mini with a nice fast
CPU.

    Hulu will stutter badly and pretty much be unwatchable on an ION box.