[mythtv-users] Frontend cant connect to backend (packman 0.23)

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 22:02:31 UTC 2010

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 2:58 PM, Scott <pickle136 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> I get nothing, which is probably a good reason the FE complains it cant
> connect.

This is my issue as well.  I am not sure what is causing it (I suspect
it may actually be hardware related because I am having other issues).
 I will sometime be able to connect with no problem and then later it
will give me this error.  Sometime I turn off the machine and later in
the day, when I turn it back on, I will be able to connect.  But it is
very erratic and screwing up with MAF (me approval factor).  I am
about to buy new hardware and build a new machine, but will watch this
thread closely to see if I can piggyback on any solutions.

Some solutions were offered for my problem but none worked.  See this
thread for my issues:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/446104#446104.