[mythtv-users] HD Homerun Prime with MythTV

Justin Johnson justin.johnson3 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 18:33:18 UTC 2010

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 2:22 PM, Phil Bridges <gravityhammer at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 2:11 PM, Justin Johnson
> <justin.johnson3 at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Is it safe to assume that if I can get stuff over firewire, then they
>> are marked "Copy Freely"?
>> --Justin Johnson
>

> From everything I understand, yes.  If you can get into the
> diagnostics screen for you cable box, it will show you how a program /
> channel has been flagged.
>
> I'm about to revamp my cable tuner situation (we had a fire at the
> house, and I cancelled my cable service).  I previously had 1 HD cable
> box connected over Firewire and 1 HD Homerun.  Sounds like I can
> replace my fire-wire box with a Prime + M-Card, and get a HD-PVR to
> attach to the cable box to record my premiums (flagged copy-once).  6
> tuners plus Multirec!

I was hoping that was the case, though from Robert's post I have to
guess that it's also a little finicky and could change at any time.
That being said, your plan sounds like an excellent idea and could be
exactly what I've always wanted from myth and digital cable; something
that I always had when I was back on an analog system. Here's hoping that
SiliconDust gets the Prime out the door soon.
--Justin Johnson