[mythtv-users] HDhomerun antenna borked

Josh Mastronarde jmastron at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 03:31:17 UTC 2010

On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 4:39 PM, Greg Woods <greg at gregandeva.net> wrote:

> I cannot easily install vlc on this machine. It is an old Fedora 10 box
> that I had to install a bunch of stuff by hand to make Myth work, and
> the only place I can find vlc is in rpmfusion and it wants to pull in a
> bunch of other stuff like ffmpeg and faad2 libraries that will likely
> conflict with what Myth is using. I don't want to risk it. So although I
> cannot use the View button in the gui, I still think that at this point

Do you have a Windows machine (work laptop etc) that you could use?
The nice thing about the HDHR is that you can use it from any machine
on the subnet.  The Windows software is fairly easy to install, and I
believe the latest versions include their own non-VLC viewer to make a
more seamless flow.  And the command line tools are available too.

Best if connected via wireless-N or wired; G often isn't quite able to
keep up with HD streams.

I did all of my antenna debug on a separate machine; it was nice to
bring the laptop into the attic and see how what I did affected the
signal.

(Apologize if this isn't formatted correctly; I think Gmail changed
how the text wraps, need to figure that out)

Josh