[mythtv-users] Combined Atom FE/BE /w GT220 ?

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Wed Aug 18 03:08:27 UTC 2010

On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 10:43 PM, James Harris
<james.harris555 at live.co.uk> wrote:
> * Ditch the Atom dream, buy the lowest clock AMD or Intel CPU with a Mini-ITX board with a proper x16 slot, accept slightly higher power usage for guaranteed performance and flexibility.

The 45w sempron w/cpu freq scaling probably actually weighs in right
about the same power-usage wise as the atom, so long as the cpu is
idle most of the time (which if you're not doing commflagging and
using vdpau for playback, probably would be the case).

http://sandeen.net/wordpress/?p=297

(Eric is a friend and co-worker, trust me, he knows his stuff).

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com