[mythtv-users] Two questions regarding mythvideo

Daniel Frey djqfrey at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 00:58:26 UTC 2010

On 01/-10/37 11:59, Robert McNamara wrote:
> Because MythVideo as of .22 supports both TV and Movie material, it
> must necessarily parse the filenames for season and episode.  With
> very few exceptions, it does this without issue.  The exception is
> when... um... let's call it "trading" filenames... are used.  If one
> were to put, for example, "x264" in the filename, this may throw off
> the regexp that parses filenames and set episode number to "264."
>
> For information on file naming conventions supported by MythVideo, see:
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythVideo_File_Parsing

The problem I'm having is similar filenames in the same series are
getting interpreted incorrectly.

i.e.

Series_-_000_[Groupname][CRC].avi
Series_-_001_[Groupname][CRC].avi

Episodes 1-10 is fine, 11-15 is not, 16-26 is fine. There's no
differences in the file naming scheme.

This happens all over the place. Very rarely is it failing on an entire
series, for example. I remove all of the extra items in the file names.

Is there a toggle to revert to the old myth .21 behaviour? The thought
of mangling all my filenames so they display in mythvideo correctly is
not that appealing. Heck, even if it just displayed the filenames as-is
would be better than what I have happening now. It's sort of half-and-half.

Dan