[mythtv-users] Duplicate recordings because of bad SD data?

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Tue Aug 17 04:24:09 UTC 2010

    > Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 22:56:49 -0500
    > From: Robert Eden <rmeden at yahoo.com>

    > Bad example.  By definition, a SH* program ID means TMS doesn't know
    > what episode will air. EP* means a specific episode.  I would expect
    > lota of CC variation for SH* episode ids.

...but----they knew what the subtitle was in each case, and the
subtitle was the same.  The also had detailed descriptions for each
(though they didn't match each other).  So you're saying that TMS
know, in both cases, that the Canopyworld episode of the Jungle series
was airing, but didn't know which specific episode would air anyway?
How can both of those be true simultaneously?

If you're saying that, even though TMS knew the series and subtitle
and description in each case, they still didn't know which specific
episode was giong to air the first time, then this is still some sort
of failure somewhere along the line, either in BBCA giving TMS the
data, or in TMS dealing with it.  Which is it?  And I was under the
impression that even if it was upstream from TMS (e.g., in this case,
BBCA), telling you about it could get pressure exerted upstream of
TMS to do better.  Is this the case or not?

Thanks...