[mythtv-users] Computing channel.chanid

Larry K lunchtimelarry at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 00:28:24 UTC 2010

Comcast is changing my QAM channel layout every other day it seems, so I'm
getting tired of rescanning channels in mythtv-setup.  it's soooo tedious to
fix all the channel numbers and xmltvids post-scan.  So, I borrowed a script
from the HDHR forum to insert the correct channels.  I have it almost ready
to go, except that the script is borking the chanid by supplying an
alphanumeric value.  It needs to be numeric.  Does anyone know how mythtv
calculates the chanid value when inserting a new channel?  Most of the time,
it looks like some funky combination of (sourceid*1000) + serviceid, but not
always.

I've googled this to death with no luck.