[mythtv-users] HDhomerun antenna borked

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 19:00:55 UTC 2010

On Sun, Aug 15, 2010 at 9:16 AM, Greg Woods <greg at gregandeva.net> wrote:
> I am attempting to get my HDHomerun tuners working again. I have one
> tuner connected to Comcast QAM, the other to an antenna. The QAM tuner
> is working fine, but I can't get channels on the antenna to tune
> properly. I'm thinking that I might have to go through the whole channel
> scanning process again, but since this requires a painstaking manual
> process after the scan, I don't want to do that unless I have reason to
> believe it is necessary.
>
> What I see now when I fire up live TV is that I never get a picture or
> sound; it hangs displaying
>
> Signal XX% (TI__) No Lock
>
> where XX is always 98% or better. When it is in this state, I can change
> to another channel but the behavior appears to be the same on all
> channels I have tried.
>
> Is this a known issue, or is it likely that a rescan is needed? If this
> were the QAM tuner I would assume that Comcast had moved my channels
> around again, but OTA it is unlikely that things have changed much if at
> all. I am running trunk as of yesterday morning, and I have done several
> svn updates since this last worked.

For diagnostic purposes you might try taking Myth out of the loop.
Have you tried to scan/tune using hdhomerun-config-gui? I'm not sure
what distro you're using but it's available in the standard fedora
repo, package name "hdhomerun", or you can try to download it from the
silicondust homepage and compile it yourself.

Richard