[mythtv-users] Purge Guide data of Porn titles

Jason Chambers lists at purplish-monkey.com
Mon Aug 16 16:26:42 UTC 2010

On 16/08/2010 17:13, Jim Morton wrote:
>> When I've had the problem in the past, the easiest way was to truncate
>> the program using "TRUNCATE TABLE program" in your favorite SQL client
>> and then run mythfilldatabase again with the correct schedules direct
>> lineup.
>>
>> Kevin
> That is beyond my current abilities. I have an idea of what SQL is (a
> database) but I have never done anything like this. It may be time to
> Google and learn, I suppose. Unless someone knows a simpler way.
> Can I just "cat /dev/nul > some_file"?

On your backend box:

$ mysql -u mythtv -p mythconverg

Then after entering the password (which might be 'mythtv' if you haven't
set a specific one):

mysql> TRUNCATE TABLE program;
mysql> QUIT

NB: Editing the database can be a dangerous thing to do, even more so if
you're not comfortable with SQL.  So don't go getting creative unless
you've got a backup and like fixing things ...

Regards,
Jason