[mythtv-users] Purge Guide data of Porn titles

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Aug 16 15:00:22 UTC 2010

On Monday, August 16, 2010 08:56:20 am Brian Wood wrote:
> On Monday, August 16, 2010 08:50:35 am Jim Morton wrote:
> > On Mythbuntu 10.04
> > I had DishTV installed last week, added it as a lineup in Schedules
> > Direct and did not edit the channels immediately. So when Mythfill ran
> > it grabbed the titles of every porn movie coming up on those Dish
> > channels and populated my guide. I've since edited those channels out of
> > the lineup and that seems to have removed them from the on-screen guide
> > and the Movies list but they are still in the Program Finder where shows
> > are listed by their first letter.
> > I'd rather not wait 10 more days for them to roll off. I have young
> > daughters that really should not see some of these titles.
> >
> > Is there a command that I can use to purge that file?
>
> I know DISH has some way to prevent your satellite receiver from tuning
> those channels, so your daughters might see the titles, but would not be
> able to see the programs.
>
> The DISH receiver menus should provide a way to do this, it might be called
> "parental control" or something like that. Call them if you can't find it,
> they are pretty sensitive to such issues.

BTW - I did not mean to imply you might be subscribing to those channels. A friend of mine felt safe because he didn't pay
for them, but apparently there was some sort of new subscriber promo, which allowed him to receive virtually everything,
so you may not be safe even if you do not subscribe to the porn channels.

I also know that sometimes just the titles can be problematical, what a world.