[mythtv-users] shoutcast on stock mythbuntu recommendation

Julian Cerruti jcerruti at gmail.com
Sun Aug 15 01:52:49 UTC 2010

Hello,

I have just finished "upgrading" my
6-year-old-and-gone-through-many-versions mythtv installation by installing
mythbuntu 10.04 (Lucid Lynx), which in turn brings mythtv 0.23.
One thing I just discovered is that mythstream has apparently fallen out of
support and maintenance.
I was using mythstream simply to listen to internet radio stations, and that
mainly by browsing Shoutcast stations.
I saw a few posts about patching mythmusic to include an alpha version of
mythmusic to support shotcast, and also some patches to get mythstream to
work on mythtv 0.23.
I would greatly prefer if I could find a solution that would allow me to
listen to shoutcast internet radion stations, but which would still allow me
to keep the official package versions of mythtv and plug-ins.
Can other mythtv users recommend any solution with these characteristics?
Perhaps something about using a different program launched from a mythtv
menu?
A bit more background: I use a single dedicated mythtv frontend/backend box,
mostly driven via remote control with lirc.
Any hints or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Julian