[mythtv-users] mythepisode - mythweb unofficial addon

Dan Smith mrplowdan at gmail.com
Sat Aug 14 19:24:55 UTC 2010

On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 7:54 PM, Chad Oppliger <chadopp at gmail.com> wrote:

> >adding
> >binmode STDOUT, ":utf8";
> >above the print line seemed to fix the issue.
>
> >But now that I've played with the script a bit I've noticed that although
> >the shows I have recordings for are showing up in green on the main tv
> >episodes listing when I click on the show it shows not recorded for
> >everything, arg
>
> On the episode listing you need to select "Show All Episodes" at the top of
> the page to display all episodes including those not recorded, those
> scheduled
> for recording, and those recorded.
>
> For certain shows there can be some issues with determining if the episode
> has been recorded.  If there is no subtitle it won't detect it.  If the
> subtitle
> doesn't match fairly closely with whats in the mythtv db it won't match.
> If
> the original airdate was put in the oldrecorded table it would be easy to
> detect and would be much more accurate.  The original airdate is already
> collected for scheduled recordings, but is not part of the oldrecorded
> table.
>
> Chad
>
> On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 1:09 PM, Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie [at]
> gmail>wrote:
>
> > On 13 August 2010 19:33, Dan Smith <mrplowdan [at] gmail> wrote:
> >
> > > looking through /var/log/apache2/error.log I see this error while
> running
> > > Update Show Listing, not sure if thats related.
> > > Wide character in print at modules/episode/utils/grabshowsall.pl line
> > 91.
> >
> > The Perl script is trying to print (which expects octets) a UTF-8 or
> > other multi-byte character whilst it is stored in Perl's internal
> > string format. Encode::encode() should sort it out.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Nick

> ahh I see Show All Episodes works and its finding my previously recorded
episodes, yay. King of Queens is still missing from the main page, but if I
just guess the url for the show I see the proper page and it finds all my
previous recordings, it looks like there are 9 episodes I'm missing so I
added those to tvwhish, thanks. But I'm still not sure why the show isn't
showing up on the main page, I tried your edits to show.php you recently
posted and although it does speed up the main page king of queens is still
missing, also I like the green episodes for those I've recorded so I don't
mind waiting a minute.