[mythtv-users] IPTV in .23

Alan Murrell lists at murrell.ca
Sat Aug 14 07:10:32 UTC 2010

On 08/12/2010 03:16 PM, greg at nodecam.com wrote:
> I've been on Myth since 0.16, and I'm on my 3rd recording method with
> Myth.  IPTV has by far been the best experience once it was set up -
> started with a PVR250, then went to firewire, then to IPTV.

And a followup question to my last email: do you also need as many NICs
in your backend as IPTV streams you wish to record, or do you either
create "virtual" network cards or just use the same network card that
connects your backed to your network?

I seemed to recall reading a document where someone had configured
MythTV to record IPTV stream and they had to give a NIC the same MAC
address as the STBfrom the provider.

-Alan