[mythtv-users] IPTV in .23

Robert Johnston anaerin at gmail.com
Sat Aug 14 01:35:52 UTC 2010

On 12/08/2010 7:58 PM, Mark Weil wrote:

>     When I upgraded to 0.23, I had to add the file:// to get it going again.
>     I can confirm that it works, because I don't have my playlist on apache.
>
>     I've been on Myth since 0.16, and I'm on my 3rd recording method with
>     Myth.  IPTV has by far been the best experience once it was set up -
>     started with a PVR250, then went to firewire, then to IPTV.
>
>     Greg
>

> awesome.
> Thanks for the confirmation.; that'll keep the WAF relatively high.
>
> I'd have to agree that IPTV is my preferred method, too.
> I had an install (.19, I think) with an AverMedia TV card (garbage), and
> another with a PVR-150, which worked okay, but having to run through a
> STB was a pain.
>
> All things considered, IPTV is the most straightforward method I've tried.

Indeed. Even after the long, ardours process of finding channels and
manually creating the m3u file, IPTV is fantastic under Myth. There's
only 2 things that could make it better:

Binding IPTV Tuners to specific network interfaces (So you can "emulate"
more than one STB)

and

Checking for Empty recordings (So a 0-byte file is not listed as
"Recorded", some kind of timeout would be ideal).

Admittedly I'm using:

rjohnston at mythtv:~$ mythfrontend --version
MythTV Version   : 24584
MythTV Branch    : trunk
Network Protocol : 56
Library API      : 0.23.20100509-2

Which is a little old now, so perhaps these issues have been fixed. But
beyond those, I'm finding IPTV under Myth to be a perfect match.